55 Otsego Avenue
Attractive 1920’s house with lovely front and rear gardens. This gracious home has been wonderfully cared for and improved by its long-time owners! Enjoy beautiful inlaid hardwood floors, gorgeous period details and wonderful upgrades including updated bathroom, new lighting, refinished ceilings and developed bonus space down.
The main level features a welcoming living room with a handsome wood burning fireplace that opens to the formal dining room with elegant built-in sideboard and original gumwood trim. The bright kitchen features new flooring and ample cabinetry. Two spacious bedrooms and updated bathroom with glass shower door, new tub, attractive tile work and new cabinetry complete this level.
Down the internal staircase is a huge unwarranted family room with recessed lighting and sliding doors opening to the fabulous and lush garden – your perfect urban oasis! The lower level also boasts a wet bar, huge storage room and large unwarranted room currently used as a guest room and home office.
The fenced garden features a gated driveway that accommodates up to two cars tandem. Access the driveway off the lane running behind the house.
This appealing Mission Terrace locale is ideally situated within walking distance of Balboa Park, with convenient access to the 280 & 101 freeways and public transportation including BART and MUNI. The home is also close to both Glen Park and Ingleside neighborhoods, providing easy access to Whole Foods, Safeway, and numerous dining options. Roxy market/deli is located just two blocks up the road!
- 2 spacious bedrooms, 1 updated bathroom on main level
- Period details: original gumwood trim, crown molding and built-ins
- Beautiful in-laid hardwood floors
- Sunny living room with attractive wood burning fireplace
- Charming formal dining room with built-in sideboard and gumwood trim
- Bright kitchen with new flooring and abundant cabinet space
- New paint, refinished ceilings and new designer-selected lighting
- Bonus rooms & wet-bar downstairs make perfect guest quarters (unwarranted)
- Bonus family room features recessed lighting & sliding doors to garden (unwarranted)
- Lush rear, fenced garden is a tranquil urban oasis
- Huge storage room at lower level
- Gate at rear garden opens to 1-2 car tandem driveway (depends on size of cars)
- Walk to Balboa Park tennis courts, skate park, soccer field, playground with a newly renovated community pool opening soon
- Easy access to public trans – walk to J-Church MUNI & Balboa BART
- Walk to nearby Glen Park BART situated corporate shuttles
- Easy access to 280 and 101 freeways for easy commuting
- Close to both Glen Park and Ingleside neighborhoods – easy access to Whole Foods, Safeway, and numerous dining options